Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wedding


Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamed about what it would be like to walk down the aisle with my Dad to marry the man of my dreams. My dream became a reality on May 24, 2008 at the Waterford Marriott in OKC. It is like no other experience. You are so happy yet it all feels so surreal. I think I was more nervous the day before the wedding than the actual day. Arriving at the rehearsal and seeing all of my family and friends from around the country was overwhelming but wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Harn Homestead and had a good ole Oklahoma BBQ! It was awesome. Then the day of the wedding my girls and I just hung out and slowly got ready for that evening. Adam spent the day laying in the pool with his buddies.
Then the time came. I put my beloved dress on, turned around and there were my very best friends all there to experience this with me. I lost it. All the emotions hit me at that moment. Then my dad came to get me, tears in our eyes, we started downstairs. The doors are opened by two of my great friends, Jason and Cory, and we walk down the aisle. Everything was perfect. It was more beautiful than I even imagined. There at the end of the aisle was Adam, so handsome and happy, surrounded by our closest family and friends. Thirty minutes later, Adam broke the glass, everyone yelled Mazel Tov and the party began! We drank, ate, laughed and danced until we couldn't dance anymore. I surprised Adam with a Cubs baseball hat groomscake and at 10:30 p.m. we all sang Harry Carey's version of Take Me Out to the Ballgame and the hotel brought out mini Chicago hot dogs and pretzels and beer in Chicago Cubs cups. It was perfect! He was completely shocked! We didn't want the night to end so we went with a bunch of the guests to the hotel bar. Everyone seemed to have so much fun! I was thrilled with how many people were still with us at the end of the night! The next morning we got up super early and started our trek to Belize!

No comments: