Monday, July 28, 2008

What has happened to my beloved Food Channel??

I remember the weekends of waking up early in the morning just so we could watch Barefoot Contessa and Giada DeLaurentis on the Food Channel. We would schedule our weekends around what was on. I find that the new shows they have are becoming so annoying and typical. Too many Rachel Ray look alikes who scream at the television to get your attention. If I have to see Sandra Lee one more time I think I may scream. Her creepy backgrounds that match what she is wearing is way too much and honestly really freaks me out. So it brings me to this seasons Next Food Network Star. We weren't really thrilled with any of the finalists but Adam was our favorite. He was perky, fun and had a good show idea. Lisa squinted too much but was kind of likeable. I still would have watched her show maybe a couple times even just to laugh. As nice of a guy Aaron was, I just couldn't see him with a show. Every show, he was nervous and completely bombed the last competition. His food was boring and made a complete fool out of himself in his intro. Who won you ask? Aaron! We were completely shocked. Not that he wasn't a nice guy and wouldn't have done a good job. I just thought the other two were much better cooks and much better on camera. Aaron, poor thing, mumbles when he talks and you can barely understand him. So I just don't understand. Are they looking for a different demographic? I feel like they have every demographic covered. I am just really disappointed. I feel like they are taking away from finding a really good chef who will put on a really good show to someone that cooks mediocre. For a foodie like me it makes me not want to watch anymore. It seems as though the new chefs on there aren't really professional. They are just there for t.v. and what they think will make a good show. How many shows can we have about What is a Peanut? Or the science behind foam. Cool for a second, bored after two. I liked watching it to learn new recipes and watch their technique. The classic Food Network is dying and I don't like what it is reincarnating into.

No comments: